- Connect to people at this event
- Search for business matches
- Expand your business
Thank you for making GA-EMA 2014 a success
Number of speakers: 37
Number of countries participated: 25
Number of companies participated: 198
Number of Business-2-Business meetings: 247
Number of MoU's signed: 8
The presentations are now online! To download them, please go to Progam page.
Visit our Photostream on Flickr
Visit our Flickr photostream for impressions of GA-EMA 2014.
Memorandum of Understading (MoU) signed:
- MoU between the government of Aruba and ISKES Towage & Salvage
- MoU between the Government of Aruba, Utilities Aruba N.V., N.V. ELMAR and LED Roadway Lighting ltd. for the Smart LED Street Lighting Conversion Project
- MoU between Smart Community Aruba and Optixolar: Solar PV-module Field Testing
- MoU for the realization of the Happy Flow project
- MoU on Strategic Alliance between Arbo Unie BV from The Netherlands and Medwork Caribbean NV from Aruba
- MOU on Strategic Cooperation between the Foundation Regional Expert Center on Occupational Health & Safety and the Ministry of Social Affairs, Youth and Labor of Aruba
2014 Conference + B2B Matchmaking in Aruba
This Conference is part of the continuing commitment of the Government of Aruba to develop our island as a strategic business hub from and to the Caribbean Region and Latin America. Building on the momentum of the Green Aruba Conference IV (October 2013) and the last Europe Meets the Americas conference (May 2013), this combined conference 'GA-EMA' aims to bring companies and investors from Europe, Latin America and Aruba together on the subject of bringing sustainable solutions to the Caribbean and Latin America and the economic possibilities that Aruba has to offer in facilitating such business and trade relations.
The GA-EMA conference will focus on sustainable solutions including: sustainable energy, sustainable technology, sustainable infrastructure and sustainable tourism. Conference presentations will be given related to the newest and most advanced technologies in the area of sustainability. Prominent speakers will show what technology is available, how it can be applied and what the opportunities are within these areas. In addition, the conference will offer companies the opportunity to showcase their products to potential buyers or partners during the professional tradeshow and pre-arranged B2B meetings.
Aruba as a gateway between the Americas and Europe
The economy in Latin America continues to grow and the conditions are ideal: political stability, a young, well-educated population, a growing middle class and rich natural resources. Along with excellent potential for the generation of renewable energy, these are the ingredients for rapid economic development. Aruba can play an important role for companies from both Latin America, as well as from the EU countries. Aruba is developing into a gateway between the Americas and Europe, serving amongst others as a stepping stone, showcase and meeting place.